Caravan Sales

Frequently Asked Questions

There is a lot to think about when purchasing your holiday home, so we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. Though if any of these do not answer your questions then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Q. How long are the parks open for?
A. 1st March - 30th November. During the closed season (1st December - end February), you may visit the parks to check your caravan but you will not be able to stay overnight.

Q. Do you allow pets on park?
A. We do not allow dogs on park (other than registered assistance dogs). For information in relation to other pets, please refer to our latest park rules.

Q. Can I live in my caravan?
A. No. We are a holiday park, not a residential park therefore your caravan holiday home cannot be used as your main residence. You will be required to provide us with documentation each year to prove you have a main residence elsewhere.

Q. How long can I keep my caravan on the park?
A. The maximum time that a caravan can remain on park is up to 20 yrs from the 1st date of purchase. A 14 yr fixed licence agreement is issued from the 1st date of purchase. At the end of the 14 yrs an annual licence is issued (subject to a caravan appraisal) up to a maximum of 6 yrs. The 1st date of purchase is the first purchase date from when the caravan is sold as new.

Q. Can I sell my caravan?
A. You can sell your caravan on park during the period of your 14 yr licence agreement.

Q. Once I have purchased my caravan holiday home are there other additional costs?
A. Yes, you will need to pay pitch fees, Scarborough Borough Council Rates, Insurance, Electricity & Gas. Our annual fees sheet can provide details of these fees. Please note: some of these costs may be included in the purchase of your caravan holiday home.

Q. Do I need to insure my caravan?
A. Yes. You will need ‘new for old’ insurance. You can insure your caravan through the parks or choose your own insurance provider (as long as it meets the requirements set out in the licence agreement).

Q. Can I rent/sublet my caravan?
A. No, your caravan is for private use only. Friends & family may stay in the caravan.

Q. Do I need a TV Licence for my caravan?
A. You will need to buy a TV licence for your holiday caravan if anyone is watching or recording live TV on any channel or watching or downloading BBC programmes on iPlayer, at the same time as you, at your main licensed address. If you don’t need a TV licence for your holiday caravan you will need to complete a Non-simultaneous use declaration form (available from reception).

Q. Does my caravan come with a warranty?
A. New holiday caravans come with a manufacturers warranty. There is no warranty with pre-loved holiday caravans.

Q. What deposit is required to secure my chosen caravan?
A. If you decide to proceed and purchase a new or pre-loved holiday caravan from us we will require a £1,000 deposit. The balance is due 28 days from the deposit payment.

Q. Does my caravan come with decking? If not, how much would it cost to have decking?
A. Check your sales package to see whether decking is included. If not, new bespoke decking can be added, subject to your requirements meeting park guidelines. Prices range from approximately £2,500 - £12,500.

Q. Does my caravan come with a storage box? If not, can I get one & how much do they cost?
A. Check your sales package to see whether a storage box is included. If not, storage boxes can be added, subject to your requirements meeting park guidelines. Trimetals are one of our approved manufacturers of storage boxes & their prices start from approx £675.

Northcliffe & Seaview Holiday Parks Limited is an appointed representative of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Spectrum Building 7th Floor, 55 Blysthwood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT. Registered in Scotland. Company Number: SC108909.



Don't have an account? Register here
Forgot your password? Click Here

Personal Information

Sign Up